Temasek Laboratories@NTU (TL@NTU) is a partnership established by the Ministry of Defence, Singapore (MINDEF) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU) on 25 March 2003. TL@NTU was officially declared open by Mr Teo Chee Hean, Minister for Defence on 7 September 2007.
The mission of TL@NTU is to explore the frontiers in science and develop strategic technologies that will deliver effective solutions to enhance the defence and security of Singapore.
The roles and functions of TL@NTU are:
- To carry out innovative R&D programmes that will lead to technological breakthrough in defence science and technology.
- To establish partnership programmes and effective collaboration with universities, defence community and industry.
- To facilitate the transition of technologies to applications.
- To provide technical advice to our partners.
- To provide a forum for dialogue on defence technology and practices.